Membership to HEIA is available in different categories.
- necessitates a home economics qualification at Certificate IV or higher
- necessitates study in home economics or related area at a level less than Certificate IV and/or work in an area of home economics.
- Not-in-paid employment
- a full-time student at a tertiary institution studying any home economics discipline.
- overseas members are affiliated to a Division of their choice.
- entitles any one primary, secondary school or college or TAFE campus to nominate up to six (6) members of that school or college to be included in its membership of HEIA. Nominees need either a qualification in home economics, or to work in a home economics related area such as health, technology or studies of society, or have interests and/or expertise such that their membership is seen to benefit the Institute. All members of a school membership are able to take advantage of benefits offered by HEIA. All members will receive a digital copy of the journal and other publications.
- School group contact members must notify HEIA of changes in their membership list using the Member update form on the membership landing page.
Discount available for two-year memberships of HEIA.
Associate, Overseas and student members have a 1 year membership.
International Federation for Home Economics (IFHE) – Join here.